We have been asked to mull over possible topics for our conference project on the OU H818 course working towards the MA in Open and Distance Education. There is quite a lot of overlap between the 3 themes but I have tried to come up with some possibilities for each. No prizes for noticing that I am interested in practice to do with interaction in the learning process, and looking at ways of making the feedback process more effective.
- case study on how non-academic students on my teacher-training courses can be supported
- production of a potted guide to accessibility for inclusion in my teacher-training courses
- using reflective journal posts to improve tutor-student and student-student dialogue
- what are the principles of running effective online tutorials?
- how can collaborative student work be facilitated using digital technology?
- using video casts for giving students feedback
- developing the use of discussion forums to maximise student interaction
- using a studio approach to improve the learning process
Have you any experience of any of these?